Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Management is doing things right. Leadership is doing the right things.
In this episode, Dr. Eric Block interviews Jens Kuhn, the chairman of Kettenbach, to learn all about the secret behind the successful dental company.
Kettenbach is an internationally positioned and well-established company that has attracted attention in the dental sector for decades because of its inventions and product innovations.
Jens believes that all their products have clearly perceivable benefits. The company puts a strong effort into quality, and customers who have experienced Kettenbach products can understand that they can achieve predictably good results by using them. That predictability is key when it comes to serving dentists. How they make it happen is that they try their best to listen to dentists and understand their needs with the help of market research. It is one of the very few companies with over 20% of the team in Research & Development and Quality Assurance.
While it may not always be easy to get in front of the consumer/dentist directly, you can use effective methods to do it, and in the long term, you can earn their trust and learn about the consumers’ needs more. This also helps your company stay on top of the game and be innovative.
Listen to this episode as Jens guides you through the importance of market research and letting go of the fear of change to be an innovative company, quality assurance to launch the right product to dentists, the benefits of connecting with consumers directly, and why it’s important to stay excited about new products in the dental space!
If giving back to your community and becoming a guest of the podcast is something that interests you, then please click the link below to schedule your episode with Dr. Eric Block.
About Jens Kuhn:
About Dr. Eric Block:
- Founder of Deals For Dentists
- Founder of Stress-Free Dentistry
- Author of the Stress-Free Dentistry Book
- 00:00:32 – Intro to the episode
- 00:01:00 – Jen’s Journey into Dentistry
- 00:01:45 – Mission of Kettenbach
- 00:03:25 – Focus on R&D and Quality Control
- 00:04:33 – Getting your product to the dentist
- 00:05:37 – Benefit of interactions with the dentist
- 00:09:20 – Fear of innovating
- 00:11:19 – Finding innovations externally
- 00:14:45 – Becoming a good leader
- 00:17:17 – Motivating team with the right tool
- 00:18:46 – Word of advice