The art of marketing is the art of brand building. If you are not a brand, you are a commodity.
In this episode, Shawn Zajas joins Dr. Eric Block to discuss the brand-building process in the dental community!
In order to start selling a good dental product to dentists, you first need to meet dentists and do a beta-testing to find out whether it is suitable for dentists or not. Once you establish whether your product has a demand in the dentist market, you can go ahead and scale. If not, you will not gain what you expect in return for a big investment.
Once you create the right dental product, you have to build a brand so that it is easier for you to create differentiation and help your customer base choose you.
Because of how connected Shawn was with the dentists, he genuinely wanted to help them out. In return, this helped him build his brand in the dental community and grow the brand even more.
By listening to this episode, you will learn the benefit of building a brand for dentists by thinking like a dentist, tips for choosing the right customer base, and tips that will help you go backward before scaling!
If giving back to your community and becoming a guest of the podcast is something that interests you, then please click the link below to schedule your episode with Dr. Eric Block.
About Shawn Zajas:
About Dr. Eric Block:
- Founder of Deals For Dentists
- Founder of Stress-Free Dentistry
- Author of the Stress-Free Dentistry Book
- 00:00:32 – Intro to the episode
- 00:04:03 – Choosing the customer base of the product
- 00:05:30 – Differentiating your product in the market
- 00:08:43 – Thinking as the dentist for marketing
- 00:10:28 – Difficulty in connecting with dentists
- 00:13:49 – Beta testing the product by meeting dentists
- 00:16:42 – When to scale and how to scale?
- 00:17:58 – Going backward before scaling
- 00:20:03 – Seeking investors
- 00:22:28 – Advice to young entrepreneurs