Smart people learn from their mistakes; smarter people learn from other people’s mistakes. Do you believe in this saying too? Then, you will surely find this discussion between Brett Wells and Dr. Eric Block insightful.
Brett Wells is the Founder and Owner of DentalHQ, which is a well-known dental company that helps dental practices customize membership plans for their uninsured patients.
Brett explains the process of identifying a problem he faced as a dentist and how he came up with the idea to solve that problem and then beta-testing the solution before providing the solution to other dentists through a business. He also talks about the difficulty in connecting with potential consumers in the dental space and how to deal with this expensive challenge.
Give this episode a listen and find out how to transform a side hustle into a profitable business!
If giving back to your community and becoming a guest of the podcast is something that interests you, then please click the link below to schedule your episode with Dr. Eric Block.
About Brett Wells:
About Dr. Eric Block:
- Founder of Deals For Dentists
- Founder of Stress-Free Dentistry
- Author of the Stress-Free Dentistry Book
- 00:00:28 – Intro to the episode
- 00:01:03 – Beginning of DentalHQ
- 00:06:43 – Idea for a business transformation
- 00:10:22 – MVP creation in a dental practice
- 00:11:54 – Feedback process
- 00:13:30 – Difficulty in connecting with potential customers
- 00:15:45 – The decision to raise money for the business
- 00:18:28 – Word of advice